G2 Refresher Training
G2 (RIIRIS402A - Carry out the risk management processes) Refresher Training
Date and time:
For further details on upcoming courses please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jim Knowles Group training rooms at the Business Enterprise Centre, corner of Barton and Merthyr Streets, Kurri Kurri
$450 per participant (includes all training materials and resources; morning tea; lunch. A Statement of Attainment for RIIRIS402D - Carry out the risk management processes are issued after successful completion by eligible attendees.
Why you or your employees or colleagues need to be up-to-date with risk assessment
Risk assessment is an essential part of risk management in mining and associated industries. New Work Health and Safety and mining legislation requires that those people with responsibilities for health and safety of their workforce are competent in these areas. Demonstration of competence includes suitable training.
The latest G2 unit, RIIRIS402D - Carry out the risk management processes, was introduced in 2009 with the new Resources and Infrastructure Industries (RII) training package.
These units are
- MNCG1002A  /MNCG1002B  - Implement and Apply Risk Management Processes (G2) Coal Mining Package MNC04
- MNQGEN500A  - Implement and Maintain Management Plans to Control Risk (G2) - Extractive Mining Package MNQ03
- MNMMMG516A  - Facilitate the Risk Management Process (G2) - Metalliferous Mining Package MNM05
What will be covered in the G2 Refresher
The G2 refresher will run for one day and will not require any worksite related assessments. It will:
1. Update participants on the:
- New NSW and QLD WHS Legislation and its relationship to the various pieces mining legislation in each jurisdiction
- Most recent Risk Management Standards applicable to WHS in mining and related industries
2. Review new approaches to Risk Management
3. Revise techniques for collecting and recording information for risk assessments
4. Examine some of the more common problems associated with risk assessment reports and how to avoid them
To be eligible to upgrade an earlier G2 qualification to the RIIIS402A attendees will have to show evidence (a Certificate of Attainment from a Registered Training Organisation) of having successfully completed one of the superseded units.
If you have lost the certificate but completed the training with the Jim Knowles Group we will have records and this should be sufficient.