BSC (OT); MSci in Technology and Ergonomics; Cert IV in Training and Assessment; CPE
Claire Folland is a Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) with over 17 years of international professional work experience in the prevention of occupational related injuries. This experience has been mainly with large companies, including government and private organisations. Claire has been a consultant with the Jim Knowles Group for the past 5 years.
Claire has worked in a variety of industries including mining, manufacturing, construction, transport and logistics, and health care. Claire has successfully delivered Ergonomics projects for clients with a focus on practical and measureable outcomes. Claire is an active member of the Ergonomics and Human Factors Society of Australia and is currently their Board representative for NSW.
- Ergonomics for Engineers
- Ergonomics in Design of Plant and Equipment
- Human Error
- Associated Non-Technical Skills
- Evidence based human factors / ergonomics risk assessments of new and existing equipment and/or work practices.
- Professional advice on complex technical Health & Safety issues to assist managers in complying with their WHS legislative requirements backed by thoroughly researched technical reports/recommendations.
Plant and Equipment Design Reviews (Ergonomics)
- Implementation of Plant Regulations and Ergonomics principles including conducting plant risk assessments for high risk plant.
MSD Prevention Programs
- Develop, implement, monitor and review musculoskeletal prevention programs. This includes working with exiting systems and processes, providing high-level professional advice to clients on strategies.
Human Error Prevention Programs
- Undertaking research and project work on the prevention/management of human error related WHS issues
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAA40110, CBD College, NSW (2012)
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia (2008)
- Master of Science and Technology in Ergonomics, UNSW (2005)
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, Queen Margaret College, Edinburgh (1994)