Barbara McPhee AM
Order of Australia, for significant service to physiotherapy as a practitioner in occupational health, and as an author.
MPH (Syd); Dip Phty (Syd); FHFESA; FACP; CPE
Barbara is a Professional Ergonomist and Specialist Occupational Health Physiotherapist with 38 years’ experience in occupational health and safety. Over the last 22 years she has worked primarily in mining and has written three books on the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders, vibration measurement and control, and practical ergonomics. As well she has written numerous papers and made presentations at mining industry, ergonomics and physiotherapy conferences in Australia and overseas.
As a consultant she provides specialised occupational ergonomics expertise with the focus on problem solving. She emphasises the need to integrate her knowledge and skills with those of others particularly where systematic programs for improvement are being implemented.
She is a Past President, Fellow and Professional Member of the Ergonomics Society of Australia, a past Board Member of the International Commission on Occupational Health, a Life Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and a Fellow of the Australian College of Physiotherapists.
She was appointed as an Independent Expert Member of the NSW Mine Safety Advisory Council (MSAC) in 2006.
- Conducting facilitated WHS and ergonomics risk assessments and reviews
- Ergonomics assessments of the workplace, equipment and services
- WHS management system auditing
- WHS and workplace ergonomics training
- TAE 40110 Certificate IV Training & Assessment (2011)
- Specialist in Occupational Health Physiotherapy (2008)
- Certified WHS Management Systems Auditor (2001)
- Certified Professional Ergonomist [CPE] (1998)
- Master of Public Health (OH) (Sydney, 1989)
- Diploma of Physiotherapy (Sydney, 1969)