BSc (Chem); Grad Dip OHS; Cert IV Training and Assessment
Chris has over 30 years’ experience in mine safety areas including gas analysis and interpretation, accident investigation and evaluation of equipment for mines' rescue. He is the inventor of the 'Ellicott Diagram' He also served as a panel member on the Warden’s Inquiry into the explosion at the Moura No 2 Mine in Queensland.
He had a long career with the NSW Government starting as a trainee chemist and ending in 2006 managing the process of review and reform of WHS legislation for the NSW mining industry. Since then he has been a senior consult with JKG.
- Development and delivery of workshops and training material on a range of WHS issues:
- The legal framework and its relationship to systematic safety management;
- Practical application of WHS law;
- Auditing of WHS systems
- Human factors and their relationship to system safety management;
- Application of Bow-Tie analysis to risk assessment.
- Lead OHS Management System Auditing (SAI Global 2010)
- G2 Risk Management (JKG 2007)
- BowTieXP Master Class (RPS 2009)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Strategic Training Solutions 2006)
- OHS Auditor Training (Audit Services Int’l 2001)
- Graduate Diploma in OHS (UTS 1991)
- Bachelor of Science in Pure and Applied Chemistry (UNSW 1975)