BOHS (Newc); CPRM; CPMSIA; MAusIMM; MAICD
Jim has 40 years of mining experience having worked as an operator, supervisor and manager within the industry and as a consultant to the industry. He also has extensive experience in mines rescue becoming the National Mines Rescue Chief Assessor in 1994.
He was a Safety Loss Control Manager with a large NSW mining company for five years where he was responsible for developing and implementing Work Health and Safety (WHS) programs and workers compensation claims management. This included WHS risk reduction and prevention, rehabilitation and other injury management programs.
From 1993 to 1996 Jim was employed as a Senior Consultant in Risk Management and WHS at ALARA/MineRisk.
In 1997 he started his own company specialising in Occupational Health and Safety and Risk Management. His company provides a full range of WHS, Mentoring, Ergonomics, Risk Management, Auditing and WHS Training Services to a broad range of industries, including mining, power generation, marine services, building construction, aviation and heavy industry.
He has conducted many successful Risk Assessments and Systems Safety Accident Investigations along with Hazard Awareness training programs in both the coal and metaliferrous mining industries in Australia.
Formerly he was Course Coordinator and Lecturer in Risk Management at the University of Wollongong
- Risk management
- Accident investigation
- Refresher training
WHS Risk Management
- WHS Facilitation
- WHS Risk Assessments and reviews
- WHS Management Systems Auditing
- Risk Management Integration/Implementation
- Conducting accident and incident investigations
- TAE 40110 Certificate IV Training & Assessment (2011)
- Bachelor in Occupational Health and Safety (Newcastle, 2000)
- Certified Practising Risk Manager [CPRM] (2007)
- Chartered Professional Member [SIA] (2005)
- Third Class Certificate of Competency in Mining (1979)
- Mines Rescue Certificate (1975)